Sunday, August 15, 2010

Countdown!!

The countdown has begun in earnest. I’m leaving 8/28. I’ve checked the calendar 8,945,752,303,167 times to make sure the date really exists and it’s not August Fool’s Day, or Leap Year Day or some such nonsense.


Of the 17 people who started the same day as I, seven remain. Whenever, we see each other, we scream excitedly, high-five and shout how many hours/days to go! These exchanges leave me weak and faint. All have gone to HR to check their itineraries for their flights home. I can’t, yet. The overwhelming excitement and anticipation literally makes my palms sweat, heart race, vision blur and sphincter tighten. It’s very, very hard for me to stay focused on the day-to-day “normalcies” when I’m so amped up about going home. To give you an example, lately, ANY open door I see, cabin door, closet door, refrigerator door, bathroom door, a large trunk on its end - open, I immediately assume its an exit and I dart for it!! I’m THAT eager to get home!!


Your last week is referred to as your “Aloha Week”. My Aloha Week begins 8/22. My boss doesn’t know it yet, but he’ll be seeing the back of my head the majority of that week! Especially on Kona Wednesday! I adore Kona! There are so many people/things to say good bye to! My Kona swims, my treasured breakfast spot, my favorite waiter, the Basket Weaver, the locals who swim same time as I do, the “Bobbers”, my favorite esthetician. I’m REALLY gonna miss Kona, it’s a mega cool spot!


ALOHA!!

1 comment:

  1. Is your book going to be "Eat, Pray, Swim"? or, forget about praying, (been there, done enough of that) Or maybe, "Eat, Eat, Swim"? Because "Eat, Drink, Swim" just doesn't sound like a very good idea AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete