Thursday, August 5, 2010

Two Things I Know for Sure


#1. I despise ALL Asian/Southeast Asian foods. And please don’t try to disguise it by calling it Thai, Japanese, Filipino, Vietnamese, Korean or Chinese. It’s ALL basically the same, tiny bits of meat, swirled around in a soy sauce base, surrounded by vegetables, perched on rice. I LOATHE IT!!! I used to occasionally dabble at eating beef & broccoli. Not anymore, especially after working in a kitchen where EVERYDAY, EVERY MEAL something has to be prepared that is Asian in some form, makes me nauseous!! It’s killing me!!!!!


#2. If you work on this cruise ship and are a size medium its mandatory to be under 5’4”. Now that I’ve shrunk some in girth I’m wearing a medium (men's) size uniform. As a result, the hems of my pants whiffle at mid-calf, arm cuffs flap around my elbows. I look like a retarded orphan in my filthy uniform! The Executive Sous Chef asked me if I could pull my pants down some to hide my non-regulation socks. I said, “Sure! You’d rather see my panties?”


To top it off, we just got word today, via PA chats from The Bridge, its a good idea to greet one another saying, “Aloha” as it promotes the “Aloha spirit.”


WHAT?!!


It’s not enough that I gotta wear this doll size, filthy, monkey costume, complete with paper hat, American flag neckerchief, name tag, S.T.Y.L.E. pen, thermometer, alcohol swabs, pad, pen and clod hopper shoes - Now I gotta bellow “Aloha” to the same 856 crewmembers I see every day, all day?!


That’s just great.


Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment