Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lava Shmava

Every Tuesday night (9:45p.m. - yawn) the ship cruises by a live lava flow. Creating the island Liehe. Passengers flock to the see this spectacular natural event. My roommate Dawn, badgers me to go see the beautiful formation of a new island and how gorgeous it all is blah, blah, blah . . .Oh all right, I’ll go!


I haul my saggy-draggy, tired ass up from deck 2 to deck 12, elbow my way through the crowds, and gaze out into the inky night to get a gander at the lava. I see, a bunch of really bright orange lights and tons of smoke. Dawn explains the “orange” is the actual lava and the “smoke” is steam from the lava flowing into the ocean.

oh


Okay, here’s the third thing I know for sure, I’m not a nature lover. I appreciate it, and admit it’s nice and all, but I don’t want to be sleep deprived to take a peek at it!


G‘night!


No comments:

Post a Comment